Sea Bass en Papillote
Wondering how to impress without the stress for your next dinner party? We’ve got the answer…Sea Bass en Papillote. Healthy and light, this dish is great way to impress your friends without making them feel full to the brim. With the succulent sea bass steamed to perfection infused with parsley, this dish is sure to get the taste buds tantalising. Now all that’s missing is the dinner party guests to share the bottle of Sauvignon Blanc with.
4 sea bass fillets
50g chunk of fresh ginger
2 red chillies
For the garnish
500g baby potatoes
1 knob butter
Mixed salad leaves
Recipe by @mintandrosemary
1. Heat the oven to 180C/160c fan/gas 4.
2. Peel the carrots, shallots and ginger and finely chop into thin batons. Chop
the chillies into thin slices.
3. Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a pan and add the carrots, shallot, ginger
and coriander. Season with salt and gently sweat on medium heat until
the carrots begin to soften. Set aside.
4. Take 4 pieces of baking parchment (about 30cm x 30 cm). Place a quarter
of the mixture on each piece of paper. Add 2 slices of lime and one sea
bass fillet each. Season with salt and freshly squeezed lime juice. Fold the
paper in half over the fish, then start at one edge and fold over one short
section of paper at the time, moving along the edge until the whole of the
parcel has been sealed. Repeat with the remaining parcels and place them
on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
5. For the potato salad, boil the potatoes in salted water until soft. Drain and
set aside in a bowl. Add a knob of butter over the potatoes, as they are still
hot. Season with salt and finely chopped parsley leaves.
6. To serve, place each fish parcel on a large serving plate. Use scissors or a
small knife to remove the top side of the baking paper. Serve with potato
salad and mixed salad leaves seasoned with salt and olive oil.